Things to do in Mission Beach
Within 5 minutes:
Within 10 minutes:
Within 1 hour:
Within 3 hours:
Great Barrier Reef Dive & Snorkel
Mission Beach is situated halfway between Cairns and Townsville and set on some of the most stunning beaches in Tropical North Queensland. Within 20 minutes offshore are 21 exquisite all but deserted tropical islands waiting for you to explore and some of the best reef fishing areas in Australia.
There are plenty of accommodation options in town including Mission Beach Hideaway Holiday Village located adjacent to the Tavern, Castaways Resort & Spa & Mackays Motel both located about 5 minutes walk away plus a large selection of holiday apartments and homes ranging from budget to world class.
Mission Beach is central to a whole host of nearby tourist attractions within an easy hour or two drive away including:
- Paronella Park – 45 minutes drive
- Mamu Forest Walk – 45 minutes drive
- Charlies Chocolate Factory – 5 minutes drive
- Lacey Creek Rainforest Recreation area – 5 minutes drive.
- Dunk Island – 5 minutes drive and then 20 minute ferry ride
- Rainforest Motel – adjoins Tavern through back entrance